Fees and Rebates
Standard or in-room appointments are $160 and usually 50-60 minutes in length. With a GP referral and Medicare rebate (see below) the gap fee is currently $75.
Outdoor appointments are only available at the Wattle Grove location and are $185. Sessions are usually 60 minutes in length. Medicare rebates may be available with a GP referral in which case the gap fee is currently $79.
Private health insurance rebates may be available for psychology services - see below for further information.
A reduced fee program is offered for Health Care Card holders. Please get in touch for further information and assistance.
Department of Veteran's Affairs - registered provider. Please get in touch for further information and assistance.
Initial and follow up appointments are charged at the same rate.
Medicare Provider Numbers:
Wattle Grove 4847912Y
- Medicare rebates are available for psychology services provided under a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP). This plan is completed by your GP and provides access to Medicare rebates for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
- To discuss eligibility please see your GP to complete the MHCP assessment. Please advise your GPs reception that you would like to book a double session with the GP as it is for an MHCP.
- The MHCP must be dated on or before the date of your appointment with Mel to be eligible for the rebate.
- If referral is made by a psychiatrist or paediatrician then a referral letter is required.
- Further information can be found on the Department of Health website.
- Medicare rebates can be claimed for you on the day of your consultation through the Medicare Easyclaim system.
Private Health Insurance
- Private health insurance rebates may be available for psychology services. Please check directly with your insurance provider regarding your level of cover before your appointment.
- Medicare and private health insurance rebates are not able to be claimed for the same consultation.
- Private health rebates can be claimed for you on the day of your consultation through HICAPS (for participating health funds).
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Please contact us for further information regarding eligible services and rebates.
- Accounts must be paid on the day of consultation. We ask that you finalise payment/claims before your appointment so as not to burden you and interrupt your thoughts post-appointment.
- Payments can be made by cash or EFTPOS.
- We understand that sometimes an appointment needs to be cancelled or rescheduled. We do ask for 48 hours notice so that another client may be offered that appointment.
- Please phone to cancel your appointment, it is ok to leave a voice message. Cancellations notified by email cannot be accepted.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances, missed appointments or late cancellations (less than 24 hours notice) are charged at 50% of the session fee.